Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Little Change

Welcome to Our Home
Igna and Martha are both present in the kitchen...of course.






This is the wall i am still trying to figure out what to do with. If anyone has any ideas please send them my way.


That is the new frig that we are so excited about. Thanks Mom and Dad!


So I finally got around to posting the After pictures of our Kitchen. This is what Mike and I spent the majority of our time doing when we first got married. The house was a mess and the kitchen was so awful. I couldn't even think about cooking in it. So we tried to improve it the best we could without spending a lot of money on it( that's why the nasty counters are still the same). We painting all the wood white and the walls blue to match our newly upholstered kitchen chairs. Mike and I found this table at DI and put a little love into it with some paint and new fabric. We pulled up the carpet and painted the floor. We painted a chalk board on our new pantry door( Mike turned the broom closet into a pantry for me) and we turned one of the cupboards into a book shelf for all my cookbooks. Mike fixed the big whole in the corner and put in two shelves for me above our stove and microwave. I covered the weird whole in the corner with fabric and made a skirt around the desk so that we could use underneath it for more storage. It was a really long process and only one of the rooms we have worked on but it was time that I shared our big summer project. If anyone has been to the Wakefield house before they know what kind of a project it was. I at least feel like we can have meals there now which is a huge improvement. 

14 comments:

Shelley Sage said...

this is the best after I have ever seen. so so cute!

Caitlin said...

It looks great! You guys did a great job :)

Juliet said...

Lauren I really like this, I'm so impressed you did the floor, my mom did the exact same thing in our house and it was such a pain getting the diamonds right but it looks great.

Shauna said...

serious, everything looks so great.I cant believe you painted the floor! it looks so awesome.

For that weird space, if it was me, i would go looking for cute plates maybe? i dont know, it sort of seems appropriate to hang vintage plates in a kitchen with a weird space?

Ross Co. said...

There is NO way that is the Wakefield house!! WOW!!!! It looks totally different! I want to come see it so badly now; I'm very, very impressed, I can only imagine how much time that took ;)

Dayna said...

Holy moly. It looks AMAZING!!!! You should show the BEFORE pictures again just so everyone can get the full impact if they haven't ever seen it or been there before. It seriously looks incredible.

And I would like to proudly say that I ATE and COOKED in that PRE kitchen. Yeah, feeling pretty proud of myself now. But seriously jealous of the kitchen you get to have while living there. I LOVE IT!

Well done you guys!!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that is the Wakefield house kitchen!!! That is amazing!!!! You guys did an incredible job. It looks so much more clean, light and open now. The colors you chose look so good. Wow, I just can't believe that's the same space! Amazing.

Stephanie nelson had a similar kitchen wall in her Arizona house that she did a couple of cute things with. Check out these links:

Vintage mirrors here.

Black and white picture collage here and here.

Oooh, now I'm getting all inspired and want to decorate.

Kristen said...

It looks really good. Love the wall color.

Sydney said...

Finally! I have been waiting for pictures! It looks fab.

Carolyn said...

I'm impressed Lauren. It looks great. For the weird wall, I would say big black frames of black and white pictures. ...pictures at least 10x12" I think. Three big ones would be fun too.....maybe blow up a favorite b&w picture and cut it in three, framing each one separately and then hanging the frames in a row? I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Lynsie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't believe it's the same creepy house I lived in almost 10 years ago!

Lindsey said...

FINALLY! I love it Laur! You guys did a tremendous job. Can't wait to see the other rooms!

me&e said...

WOW! I love before and after pics, and this one was amazing! Love the color on the walls...and the floor is such a cool idea! It came out great!

Amanda Lewis said...

I never did see the before pictures/before place. I guess I never realized how much work it REALLY took to get the kitchen the way I saw it. It looks GREAT! We just repainted our kitchen and we still need to do the base boards...but Matt and I both feel kind of mer on the color. I want to paint it different...but I don't know. Your kitchen seriously looks like it belongs in a magazine. You should enter into a competition or something for it...