Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bloomer Day

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to have Vi wear some of the things I make for the Etsy shop. I have been wanting to see how they hold up, things I would change, and just little fixes they may need once they are on a body. It's so fun to have something that you have created on your baby. It's one of those kind of proud moments and I hope they are things that will last through the years that maybe future daughters could wear. My mom made lots of our clothes growing up and they got passed down through the other cousins once Kate and I had grown out of them. They held up and lasted and some have even made their way back to Violet. I love that! It motivates me to make more things and to really work on the quality of things so that they last longer. 

Vi and I have made it a routine now to sit on the front lawn waiting for dad to come home from school. Vi's face just lights up when she sees him pull up in the scooter. It's so fun to see that development in them. She can recognize things and associates different things with her dad and her mom. It is such a fun stage. I really love watching her figure life out more and more. I'm hoping to post some more future outfits I have been working on and some ideas I have found. If only I could find some great fabric sources in Michigan.









No comments: