Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today is a Hard Day



I have been doing a lot of babysitting over the past few months. I love it and I honestly couldn't be more grateful for my job. I have learned so much about being a mother and the things I want to do with my own children. That doesn't mean I don't have days that are just straight up hard! So far this round has been so easy. Everyday has had plenty of things to do and the kids have been great. I woke up this morning with a head ache and I was so tired. I wasn't able to be my same bubbly self with the kids and I felt my patients getting shorter and shorter. This is not usually like me. We are on day 6 of the 9 day babysitting session. I have gone from no kids to 5 kids. Every day my respect and admiration for mothers goes up. Plus I am pretty much a single parent right now because mike is so busy. I just keep telling myself this is what dental school will be like. I know tomorrow will be better and I know by this afternoon I will feel better. I miss my husband and I miss getting to see him every day. This whole texting and talking on the phone instead of hanging out is not okay with me. Excuse my vent session. It's just one of those days.

2 comments:

Krystyna said...

I am babysitting my sister's three kids this week, plus my baby, too... and it's hard! Saron has been sick so she's waking up all night and then I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school after I've had no sleep. All on my own, of course, because Tyler has school and work, too. So I totally get where you are coming from right now! And I'm sure it's better when they're your own kids and you don't just jump right into having 5 kids all at once, but still, it's a good lesson on the patience and sacrifice that we will need to be moms!

Angie said...

I just talked to my dad who mentioned that Mike had been in his office observing, and he was so impressed with Mike! Said he seemed like such a good, smart guy. You picked a good one. No wonder you miss him when you're apart!

I have had more than my fair share of missing my hubby when he's working late (I have probably spent about an hour with him this whole week), so I know how you feel! It is not fun and I end up boredom-eating and watching a lot of dumb movies. I need to learn to be more productive when he's gone!