Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween

So, I decided what we were going to be for Halloween in August. I was in the early stages of pregnancy and was feeling pretty crummy. I knew if any costumes were going to happen I needed to start on them right away. So while I was home in Utah I made Violet's Alice in Wonderland costume. My grandma came out for a sewing day and we busted it out in a day. I still had a few last minute things I had to do for it the day of( ended up taking way more time then I anticipated). Then I began the slow and long process of the mad hatter. I started collecting things and getting inspiration about a month before. We found a suit coat and pants at a thrift store.  I painted and tailored the coat. I hemmed the pants. I made the hat out of cardboard. That was my longest and most detailed project. Then there were a bunch of accessories that we had to make. Mike's costume was by far the most detailed. Since I spent so much time on it my costume seriously lacked but I still think we looked pretty good together. We only dressed up once, because we were not wanting to go through all the make up and time it took to get ready again. So our big debut was at the ward trunk or treat. Vi got her first taste of trick or treating. It was so fun.

On actual Halloween Violet was the only one in costume and she was totally bundled up in a coat and hate because of the 40 degree weather. A lot of people kept asking what she was because she was totally covered up. She killed me with her cute little voice saying,"trick or treat". She loved it. Holidays are just so much more fun with kids. I have not been excited about trick or treating in years, but I was honestly giddy to take Vi out for her first time. We met up with our friends the Blomquists to take the little munchkins to a few houses and then we went and got frozen yogurt and played Clue at our friends the Swapps. It was a great Halloween and I can't believe next year we will have 2 kids to dress up!




















No comments: