Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Virginia's Blessing
We blessed Virginia this past Sunday in our ward here in Georgia. Mike gave her the sweetest blessing and she got to wear the same dress as her sisters. I decided since I wasn't throwing a lunch or dinner for any family that I would try to make her day special in some other way. I decided to make her a little bonnet out of some vintage lace I got from my Grandma Magleby. It coordinated so well with her dress and it was a fun little element for just her. I also decided to do pictures the day before her blessing so that we weren't rushed and so that I could get them with the blossoms that are all over GA right now. Ginny was such a sweetie and was silent during the blessing. She is such a ray of light in our little family. It was a bitter sweet day for us since we knew none of our family was going to be there. In the past our other girls have had large family gatherings and family in the circle. It was hard to know that we wouldn't have that and that she wouldn't have those pictures with uncles and and grandpas when she is older. Those are the real tough moments when you live far away. Luckily this angle baby made the day special by just being her same sweet self. Mike's mom also called us that evening and had a really sweet conversation with us and made us feel a little less sad about it all. Overall it was a great day and we are just more than thankful to have Virginia in our family. As I'm sure everyone can tell, she is a real joy.


























No comments: